An estimated 207,090 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer just in the United States this year, according to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. But the good news is that it doesn’t have to be that way forever. We can help.
As part of National Breast Cancer Awareness month and Health and Wellness month at Mightycause, we’ve found are 19 fundraisers, projects and nonprofits that we can support to fight breast cancer.
Luckily, this is the just the tip of the iceberg. If none of these fit your style, you can find hundreds more organizations addressing breast cancer here. Or, start your own fundraiser for the nonprofit of your choice.
Here are the 19 ways:
- National Breast Cancer Foundation – Save lives by increasing awareness of breast cancer.
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer – Orlando, FL
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is the American Cancer Society’s premier event to raise awareness and funds to fight breast cancer…. Since 1993, nearly five million walkers have raised more than $340 million through Making Strides. In 2008 alone, nearly 600,000 walkers across the country collected more than $60 million to help fight breast cancer.
- Tom Crushes the Big D Texas Marathon for Cancer Research – “On April 6th, I will be running in the Big D Texas Marathon in Dallas to raise money for the American Cancer Society.”
- Rep. Scott Boyd’s Pink Hair for Breast Cancer Challenge
“Losing my mom to breast cancer at a very young age left an indelible impression on me. In fact to this day, her death is one of those life defining moments that will always be a part of who I am. Working through the loss and seeing those who have survived, makes the work of the Pennsylvania Breast Cancer Coalition (PBCC) essential because of their commitment to breast cancer research, care, and survival.”
- “Take a Swing Against Breast Cancer” Home Run Derby
- Raising Funds for Breast Cancer Awareness Month – “To honor my mom, who has been cancer free for almost 16 years thanks in part to organizations like Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation”
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc., National Office – fighting every minute of every day to finally, once and for all, finish what we started and achieve our vision of a world without breast cancer.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Association – fulfilling the needs & desires of survivors, families and friends for information on breast cancer treatment and support services.
- Real Men Drive Pink
“I hate breast cancer. It’s an awful disease that is killing too many women. The American Cancer Society estimates that 3320 women will be killed by breast cancer this month alone. In order to raise money to stop breast cancer from killing, I am willing to have my car painted pink.”
- Twin Cities 3-Day Walk – Please support Sue Greimel as she walks for a Cure!
- Chad and Eric believe that Real Men Wear Pink
“Help us support the Kay Yow Cancer Fund™, an organization seeking to save the lives of moms like ours.”
- Hope Chest for Breast Cancer Foundation – The Hope Chest for Breast Cancer Foundation is a resource for women and their families at a time when they most need hope — we strive to be there with a helping hand whenever the diagnosis of breast cancer is made and there is a woman in need.
- Pennsylvania Breast Cancer Coalition
The PA Breast Cancer Coalition represents, supports and serves breast cancer survivors and their families in PA through educational programming, legislative advocacy and unique outreach initiatives.
- MG2010 East: Pennsylvania Breast Cancer Coalition
The PA Breast Cancer Coalition represents, supports and serves breast cancer survivors and their families in PA through educational programming, legislative advocacy and unique outreach initiatives. The PBCC is a statewide non-profit organization that creates the hope of a brighter tomorrow by providing action and information to women with breast cancer today.
- Making Memories Breast Cancer Foundation
It is our intention to “make a difference” in the lives of those suffering from this devastating disease. Our wish-granting service helps put the realities of this terminal illness aside, if just for a few days, while providing the opportunity for a family to spend quality time together. Our hope is that every metastatic breast cancer patient will be able to pass from this world comforted with the joy of having left his or her family a final beautiful memory—something the family will look back on and remember for a lifetime.
- MyFairyTaleBooks Supports Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
“Please support us as we take an amazing journey in the fight to find a cure for breast cancer.
This charity means a lot to me personally, my mother was diagnosed with Breast Cancer over 10 years ago. She is now in full remission and continues to live a healthy life. After co-founding MyFairyTaleBooks I thought great we can help educate our children through Personalized Kids Books and donate a percentage to this wonderful charity.”
- The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Inc.
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation® was founded in 1993 by Evelyn H. Lauder as an independent, not-for-profit 501(c) (3) organization dedicated to funding innovative clinical and translational research.
- Men Against Breast Cancer, Inc.
- Gustafson-DeSilva Fundraiser for Susan G. Komen for the Cure
Contribute to Susan G. Komen’s ongoing work as the world’s largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists.