Love your nonprofit? Show it!
If there’s a nonprofit that has your heart, show them a little love by nominating them for the “I Love My Nonprofit” contest.
1) Find them on Mightycause.com.
2) Post their link on our Facebook Page.
3) Tell us why you love them so much (in one comment) before this Friday morning (August 19, 2011 at 9AM Eastern).
The Mightycause team will pick the best pitch and announce a winner on Friday afternoon. Winner gets $100 donated to their charity of choice!
Post any questions below.
“I Love My Nonprofit” Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Please read these Official Rules before entering the Contest.
By entering and participating in the Contest, you agree that you and your company are bound by these Official Rules and represent that you and your company satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
1. Eligibility: Participation in the “I Love My Nonprofit” contest (“Contest”) is open to any individuals or nonprofit representative, which, at the time of entry submission has its principal office (including home office) in the United States. The person entering the Contest on behalf of a nonprofit entrant must be a legal resident of the United States and 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and authorized to act on behalf of the business. Prizes will be awarded in the name of the nonprofit entity. Contest is void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Mightycause.com (“Sponsor”), Legatum Group, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter.
2. How To Enter: To enter the Contest, go to www.facebook.com/Mightycausegiving and sumbit a post or comment on the Mightycause Facebook Page with a link to the nonprofit listed on Mightycause.com as well as a description of why the entrant supports the cause (all entrant provided entry material and information shall be collectively referred to herein as a “Submission” or “Submissions”). Incomplete Submissions or Submission that do not adhere to the instructions or to these Official Rules will be rejected. Contest begins at 3:00PM) Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 15, 2011 and ends at 9:00AM ET on August 19, 2011 (“Contest Period”). All Submissions must be received no later than 9:00AM ET on August 19, 2011. Limit one (1) entry in the Contest per company entrant.
All Submissions must be the fully original creations of the entrants. By entering, all entrants warrant and represent that their respective Submissions are their own fully original creations, and their respective Submissions (including, but not limited to, any materials integrated into their Submissions) will not infringe or violate the rights of any third parties, including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks and/or rights of publicity/privacy. By entering, entrant warrants that any third party whose person or property appears in the Submission has given entrant appropriate written consent (which shall be provided to Sponsor upon request thereof) for such person or property to be used in any Sponsor or Contest related matter.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected Submissions, which will be disqualified. Only fully completed and fully compliant Submissions are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. All Submissions become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event an insufficient number of Submissions are received, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and shall be under no obligation to award the prizes. Entrants waive any claims against Sponsor and its affiliates concerning any entrant’s right in the Submissions submitted in this Contest. Submissions not satisfying these Official Rules may be disqualified. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the Facebook Profile Account submitted at time of entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, Web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest.
3. Judging Criteria:
a. All Submissions received will be voted upon by participating Mightycause staff (“Judges”), using the following judging criteria: (1) inclusion of link to nonprofit from Mightycause.com (2) description of why the entrant is nominating that nonprofit (3) whether the entrant submitted it by the deadline.
In the event of a tie, the judges will participate in a tie-breaking vote between the two entities involved in the tie. The decision of the judges in each round will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Submissions that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language. All Submissions must be the original, unpublished and sole work of the respective entrant.
4. Prizes: The winning nonprofit will receive $100 donation through Mightycause.com.
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes and unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of the winners.
5. Notification: Finalists will be announced on the Mightycause Facebook Page on or about August 19, 2011.
If any winner cannot be contacted, if any prize is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest Official Rules or other Contest requirements, the prize(s) will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
6. License/Usage: By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. By entering a Submission, each entrant grants Sponsor an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use, display, publicly perform, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, make derivative works of, sublicense or otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit the Submission. Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entrant understands that a Submission may, but is not required to be, displayed for public viewing and judging, if applicable, as part of the Contest. In addition, by entering, each entrant-authorized representative agrees to the use of their names, likenesses, biographical information, Submissions and/or statements, as well as the use of the tradename and trademarks and company information of entrant for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. As a condition to receiving any prize, each winner may be required to execute an assignment transferring and assigning all of their respective rights, title and interest, including but not limited to any copyrights or trademarks, in the Submission or any picture, video, or other intellectual property included therein.
7. Release: Additionally, by participating in this Contest, or by accepting a prize, all entrants and winners agree to release Sponsor, respective parents, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, copyright/trademark infringement, intellectual property rights, or defamation or invasion of privacy. Neither the Sponsor nor its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions nor related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners might incur as a result of this Contest or receipt of any prize. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
8. Additional Terms: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In case of termination, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor using the judging criteria, in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant or individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Contest-related website. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant (or any authorized representative) is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Sponsor is not responsible if the Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ENTRANT REPRESENTATIVE TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Copyright © 2011 Mightycause.com. All rights reserved.