This month is women’s history month in the U.S. (See our top women in social media post, and coinciding with that today is Oxfam America’s Women’s Day (IWD)). The campaign is an excellent multifaceted one that highlights the needs of women internationally and gives them a voice.
Hunger and poverty are about power and inequality, and women and girls face the biggest inequalities of all. Did you know that:
- — Seventy percent of people living in poverty are women and girls.
- — Sixty-six percent of the world’s work falls on women’s shoulders, yet they earn only 10% of the world’s income.
- — If women were given the same access to resources that men have, they could increase yields on their farms by 20-30%.
In an era when women are increasingly the bread winners here in the United States, and are continuing to take on stronger roles within our corporate world, it’s time to level the playing field. The Inspiring Generosity team hopes you’ll decide to take action today.
You can do three things if you want to participate in Oxfam International Women’s Day:
1) Send one of their IWD eCards to a woman you admire & think has made a difference
2) Give a personalized IWD award to a woman who’s accomplished notable acts
Thank you for your support.